What is a Vanity Address?
It's a normal bitcoin address that starts with some string of characters that appeals to you.
In some way it is a bit like having a personalised number plate on your car.
How to import a Private Key into a Wallet?
By design HD wallets are not compatible with vanity addresses.
List of compatible wallets with import instructions:
||Bitcoin Core (medium)
How to import a private key into Electrum
If you already have HD wallet
- File --> New/Restore
- Choose wallet name, click Next
- Choose Standard wallet, click Next
- Choose Import Bitcoin addresses or private keys, click Next
- paste your private key, click Next
- Choose your password, click Next
If you have normal wallet
- Click Wallet --> Private Keys --> Import
- Paste your private key and click Import
How to import a single private key into Bitcoin Core
- Open Debug Window
- Go to menu: /Help/Debug Window
- Click on the tab - Console
If your wallet is encrypted
- If your wallet is encrypted you must unlock it. If not just skip this section.
- To unlock wallet, just type into the box at the bottom:
walletpassphrase "YourPassphrase" 600
- (The 600 means your wallet is unlocked for 10 minutes (600 seconds))
Run Import Command in Debug Window
- In the console at the very bottom is a text entry box. In here enter:
importprivkey yourPrivateKey "TheLabelThatIWant"
- You now have to be patient. On a fast PC it takes 2 minutes to import, and during this time it looks like you application has hung. After waiting a few minutes you will see:
- The End
(Optional) Check if Private Key is Imported
- Once Imported you can check that you have the address by closing the Debug window and going back to your address book
- You should see the address here:
How to import a single private key into MultiBit Classic
The easiest way:
- Make sure you are using Multibit Classic client
- Create a new wallet saved to a file, say, example.wallet
- Export the private keys, WITHOUT A PASSWORD, to a file example.key.
- Open up the key file in a text editor. There is a big comment at the top that describes the format. It is simply
lines, each line containing the sipa format key - beginning with 5 - and the key creation date in a particular
format. You will have an example in there to copy as a new wallet has one key in it.
- Add in your new key and a date a bit before when you created it.
- Import the example.key file back into the wallet.
- MultiBit will then replay the blocks to get the transactions and work out the balance.
- log into your blockchain.info account
- click SETTINGS
- click Addresses
- click + Import Bitcoin Address
- click Import Address button
- paste your private key
- click Import
With your vanity address, you automatically receive paper wallet. You can print it and fold like below.
More informations about paper wallet is in our FAQ
When your vanity address is ready, you will receive it by chosen delivery method:
1. Email (one time link to receive your address)
2. Traditional post (whole world delivery)
Security is our top priority. After address generation is complete we send it to you with chosen delivery method.
Our automatic process delete every trace of generation.
Bitcoin addresses consist of random digits and uppercase and lowercase letters, with the exception that the
uppercase letter "O", uppercase letter "I", lowercase letter "l", and the number "0" are never used to prevent visual ambiguity.
Longer and cheaper Vanity Address
We are in process of expanding our infrastructure to allow even longer Vanity Addresses at lower prices.
If you have any suggestions or questions use our Contact Form